Saturday, November 1, 2008

Chapter -1, History

Yeah, yeah....I know that I was promising this blog long long time ago, but there were of course some unexpected complications....but as a demonstration of my good will of keeping promises I will start with it even before I could name my blog like I've named it!!

So....

HELLO EVERYONE,
In the future I will be using this place for several purposes.
First of all for letting all of you know what I am doing and how great or dire time I have. Secondly for letting me remember what I did in the last days, because I am having serious problem with that lately. Thirdly for providing you with some information about a place I am right now. Fourthly for me to sum up and evaluate all things I discovered so far. Fifthly for presenting my photo work, which I hope will be improving. And of course for hearing your comments, recommendations, critics and support .

Let’s kick it up!!!

On the beginning would be good to tell what weird turns of events drove me to the position in which I am now.
I don’t know if I should start how I was born, how I was changed school, how I went to Lipno summer camp or to USA. Probably not. These things aren’t playing that important role in this. I should probably start with how for a first time saw a Magic the Gathering cards :D
No really!! Because of this and my genetically given predisposition to cards (my grand grand grandfather lost a house in cards) I met Rune in Barcelona in 2003. With this always optimistic and smiling Dane we spend a lot of time by going to fiestas, drinking beer and playing cards. But this was a long time ago. In the meantime he went home to Copenhagen to work and I to Prague to deal with CTU.
After another two and a half year CTU got what it deserved and I started working too. And it was during one of these blank summer evenings when you are returning home after sitting eight hours behind the computer, and your only thoughts are either falling on a bed at home or falling behind a beer in a pub. Suddenly out of nowhere my phone rang and it was surprisingly my old friend Rune with an offer or information that some company in Dubai where he was working is looking for designers for AutoCAD drawing.
AutoCAD sucks!! It was my first thought after I got back to subway and continued home. But after a while, when I got some information what this company actually is and what and where the hell is Dubai, some more positive considerations came up. Something like….I would earn a lot of money…it would be a very good experience to work in a foreign company…I would learn a good English…it would be a new impulse to the life…it is better if something screws up than regretting the whole life that it might have been a success. So after some thinking and advices I decided to send a CV and speak on the phone with the boss. Especially this talk was a break in hesitation because I got a preliminary contract with pay conditions and I learned that I wouldn’t be only a CAD draftsman.
And from this point everything was going like on the rollercoaster. I booked a flight to Dubai to be sure that I don’t die in that sandy furnace and that I didn’t and that I actually liked it, you can see in my photo album.
And that was a last nail to the Czech coffin. Directly after I canceled my job in Prague and started preparing for a new episode and challenge of my existence.
For a good understanding of the next chapter read carefully these data. I canceled my job on 31.7.2008 so after two month cancellation period I bought a one way flight to Dubai on 1.10.2008 for be able to start working on 5.10.2008 You would say enough time for some paperwork…don’t be mistaken
To be continued….


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I didn't know it was "thrilling"...but big balls were surely needed :)