Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Racing Qatar 2011 - Birth of ENVAC Racing

        For the Dubai Marathon and Abu Dhabi Adventure challenge I was training running much more than bike and the first contest with QCR guys showed it. So as per my new battle plan I switched and was focusing “like a pro” on upcoming challenges which were mostly on bike.
        And “like a pro” I also got a proper racing outfit J As a thanks to my company ENVAC for support for Abu Dhabi Challenge and for their excitement about my adventure activities, my brother Jan designed a team logo and we made a proper “sponsored” racing dress…and ENVAC RACING was born J Definitely good to have some sponsor’s logos on…rivals will get scared!!
        So better trained and dressed I stood on the start of the next challenge – Lusail Intividual MTB Time Trial, 3 laps on 4km long track with first half quite technical and extremely bumpy and with relaxed second half on a dirt track. We were starting in 30 seconds intervals and I was around 10th to start. I felt strong and confident, because I helped to build the tract and had already a trial lap.
        I started as fast as I could. “I can always slow down” I said and was pedaling quickly over the stones. After 300 meters I saw Davy, the strongest rider in the field walking sadly back with punctured tire!! It was a shame, but deep in my mind I heard “Hmmm…good...now I have a very good chance J” But in got easier only in my head, because I kept pedaling still as fast as I could, which means “Do 3 laps and die!”
At the end I had the fastest time with 31:25, 7 minutes ahead of the second, which earned me a small spot in QCR history, slightly bigger place in subconscious of other MTB riders and big rise in my confidence. Training was paying off. “This might also be only a beginning” I smiled J

No comments: