Monday, January 26, 2009

Routines

I am so sorry for not writing lately. I know that you are eagerly waiting for some news and stories ,but there are really not many. I will explain…

         When I came to UAE, I made time estimation for arranging all necessary things like job paperwork, apartment, car, sport facilities and basically everything I need for good living. I gave myself 6 months and for this time and I armed myself with extreme patience, because I knew it wouldn't be easy and pleasant to do it. Now I am here 10 weeks and I managed almost all of it. Good job JIRI!
         One of the last ones big issues I solved a week ago when I passed the driving test on the second attempt. So I can now drive legally again in UAE and as Ali the taxi driver said "Now headache over". I did much better than the last time. I wasn't that nervous, the RTA officer was also more cool and less strictly looking Arab guy, so after changing lane three times, 300 meters and 3 minutes I was done :) Easy right?
         Because I am one of two guys in the office who can drive manual cars (the rest have only automatic driving license) I can drive company Toyota Hilux pickup for a month and a half, until I get my own vehicleJ The truck is big, slow and thirsty, but I like the car. Actually I like it so much, that I had to put my mark on it…so I picked one column in the parking lot and lightly drove the doors into it. Now I have there a beautiful medium size scratch with a tiny dent J

          So nowadays it looks like this: At 7:30am I drive with Kamil 100km to Yas Island, work there from 8:30am to 5pm, than spend 1-2 hours on the way back (depends on the traffic). After work we go with Leo play tennis or I go running to the construction site and at midnight I am dead. As you see, that is a routine. But it’s not a boring routine…not yet J

          “But why are you not telling stories from weekend trips?” you would say. Well, there is one routine too, if it can be called routine. This routine is actually bordering on addiction. It’s not an addiction yet, but every time I go kitesurfing, and I do it every weekend all the weekend, it grows stronger. With every discovery of what I was doing wrong and why it isn’t behaving correctly, it’s getting stronger. With every successful ride it gets stronger. And with first jump I think it will become an addiction J  

          But don’t worry. Forecast for the next weekend is terrible. 24°C, sunny and no wind L So I will have to do something else…so stay tuned for a surprise!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely said with that door :D

moiso said...

the routines kill us all ... :(.

cheers from Costa Rica, half the world away

moiso said...

have you tried sand-boarding (if it is its name) ?

JIRI!!! said...

Sandboarding..hmm..I was thinking about it, but first I need a crapy board to destroy. But if I ride as I do now, my shiny new Nobile will be ready for some sand shortly :)