Sunday, February 23, 2014

Racing Qatar - Aspire aquathlon 3

          One week after my record marathon I was already fully recovered, but because my main focus was training for the MTB championship, I didn’t pay much attention to the third race of the Aquathlon series. But I couldn’t miss the best possible Saturday warmup before my afternoon long bike ride, so I just went to stretch and enjoy. Well, I don’t think I could go to a race and for just a warmup J So I went full throttle from the start, but just without any pressure. “If I improve a little…good! If not…then nothing happens” I thought.
          I did improve a bit indeed. Ten seconds on the swim and even almost another ten on the run. I lost something on the transition, but overall I was 12 seconds faster. Without any special training, without any special motivation I did 28:46, which was a lucky bronze spot on the podium, because Ryan didn’t show up J
          But the most surprising thing was how easily it happened! I couldn’t believe that I was struggling two years to get below 30 minutes and now I can just easily do less than 29? Where is the catch? J

No comments: